Did you notice that today's date is 9/9/09? Many people find the rarity of the repeating nines interesting, and even some retailers have "celebrated" by offering $99 mark-downs.
I'll take this opportunity to honor the day by presenting you with nine articles on a range of topics that I believe are must-reads for apartment dwellers.
Here are "9 to Read on 9/9/09":
- "How to Find the Right Apartment Without the Stress." For your apartment search to be as effective as possible, you need to try your best to keep stress out of the picture.
- "How to Break a Lease." If you must break your lease, the key is to limit, if not avoid, a penalty from your landlord.
- "How Much Money Do You Need to Rent an Apartment?" Read an overview of the items apartment dwellers typically pay, organized by when each item needs to be paid.
- "Get Answers to Logistical Questions to Ensure a Smooth Move." Be prepared for your move by getting answers to questions about your new building.
- "How to Create a Budget." Whether you're trying to climb out of debt or deciding how to enjoy a surplus, a budget puts you in control.
- "Get Results When You Need Something from Your Landlord." Minimize your waiting time for a response if you need your landlord's prompt attention.
- "When to Negotiate Rent With a Landlord." There are certain situations in which you're most likely to be successful in convincing your landlord to cut you a break.
- "How to Deal With a Bad Neighbor." If a neighbor starts causing problems, it doesn't mean you need to pack up and move to a house in the suburbs.
- "Keep Pests Away With an Ounce of Clean Prevention." Adopt clean lifestyle habits to help keep unwanted critters and rodents out of your apartment for good.