To pay homage to 11/11/11, a most interesting date, I will present you with 11 articles on topics that I think you'll find helpful when it comes to finding the perfect rental or enjoying your apartment living to the fullest.
Here are "11 to Read on 11/11/11":
- "Beginner's Guide to Online Apartment Searching." If you've never used the Internet to find a rental, here's what you need to know to get started with an online apartment search.
- "Stay on Top of Consumer Product Safety Recalls." Be proactive by learning about important recalls that may affect you by getting your information directly from the source.
- "Apartment Rental Scams - How to Recognize and Avoid Them." Find out how to lower the chances of falling victim to a rental scam when looking for your next apartment.
- "Don't Let Your Landlord Get Away With a Self-Help Eviction." Landlords who are too anxious to have a tenant leave and decide to ignore eviction laws are engaging in an illegal "self-help eviction."
- "How to Handle Common Roommate Problems." When you choose to share an apartment with another person, conflicts may arise. Read about common roommate problems and how to resolve them.
- "3 Steps to Finding the Perfect Roommate." There's no need to rush or settle for just any roommate. Follow this three-step plan to find the perfect apartment roommate for you.
- "Top 5 Valid Excuses for Not Following Apartment Rules." You may have both logic and the law on your side if you think an apartment rule is unfair. Find out how you can successfully argue your way out of a violation.
- "Wall Decor Ideas - What to Put on Your Apartment Walls." Not only is wall decor central to any apartment-decorating effort, but it's a large part of what makes your apartment look and feel like it's yours. When it comes to finding good wall decor ideas, you have several options to consider.
- "Top Services for Connecting With Loved Ones After a Disaster." Getting in touch with loved ones can be difficult after a disaster, but you can take advantage of some free online services to help with this problem.
- "How to Know Whether Your Landlord Is Unfairly Discriminating Against Children." Given the Fair Housing Act's protection for families with children, you might wonder why so many landlords appear to get away with adopting and enforcing rules that single out children.
- "How to Pursue a Fair Housing Claim Against Your Landlord." If you want to file a discrimination complaint against your landlord or other housing professional with HUD, here are the steps you'll need to take.