1. Home

Report Bad Landlords in Federal Housing to HUD


Is your landlord causing problems while enjoying government benefits? If a landlord who gets federal assistance doesn't live up to its obligation to provide safe and decent housing for low-income tenants, the U.S. Department of Housing and Urban Development (HUD) wants to know about it.

Tenants of HUD-insured or HUD-assisted properties are encouraged to report problems with landlords to HUD by calling the Multifamily Housing Complaint Line at 1-800-MULTI-70 (1-800-685-8470). You can complain about issues ranging from poor maintenance and health and safety concerns to mismanagement and fraud. HUD specialists are available to hear your complaints and concerns in English and Spanish.

©2014 About.com. All rights reserved.