How to Find an Apartment That's Perfect for You
By Ron Leshnower, About.com Guide
It's easy to go out there and visit many apartments after reading listings in newspapers or on the Internet. But a smart apartment search involves deciding what you need and how to find it efficiently. Here are useful resources to help you.
- Find the Right Apartment
- Is It a Want or a Need?
- Roommates or No Roommates?
- Find a Rental in a Certain Building
- Which Apartment Floor Is Best?
- A Studio or a One-Bedroom?
- One Bathroom or Two?
- Create a Budget
- Fixed-Term or Month-to-Month?
- Search Multiple Apartment Listings
- Get Advice from a Housing Counselor
- Subsidized Apartments for Less
- The Best Roommates
What might a new landlord need from you if you want to rent an apartment? Is the rent negotiable, and is there any way of getting around that pesky income requirement? Find out here.
- Letter of Employment Requests
- Sample Letter of Employment
- Negotiate Rent
- Mention Pet at Apartment Search Start
- Guarantors FAQ
From the day you begin your apartment search to the day you move in to your new home, you're likely to encounter at least a few bumps in the road. With a bit of knowledge, you can prevent these stumbling blocks from derailing your efforts to find the perfect rental. Here's some help.