In addition to the many articles and other textual resources available on the About.com Apartment Living / Rental site, there are several videos at your disposal that illustrate key points relating to apartment living basics.
These videos are another way to help you avoid common renter traps and enjoy your apartment living to the fullest.
Here's a rundown of available videos on apartment living basics, along with links, where applicable, to closely related articles on this site.
How to Deal With Bad Roommates
As you may already know, dealing with a bad roommate can be frustrating. This video will show you how to prevent roommate squabbles from escalating into major problems so you can figure out ways to have a respectful roommate relationship.
Watch now: How to Deal With Bad Roommates
- How to Handle Common Roommate Problems
- What to Do About Roommates Who Don't Pay Rent
- Before You Choose to Live With Roommates
- Afraid You'll Wind Up With a Bad Roommate?
- Get Past Roommate Candidate Roadblocks
How to Deal With a Bad Landlord
Although there are many great landlords out there, the ones who cause problems or appear to be absent when you have an issue or need something fixed can make your life difficult and your apartment living unpleasant. This video offers help by showing you some ways you can deal with a bad landlord.
Watch now: How to Deal With a Bad Landlord
- Get Results When You Need Something from Your Landlord
- Afraid You'll Have Problems With Your Landlord?
- Readers Respond - Dealing With Difficult Landlords
- How to Pursue a Fair Housing Claim Against Your Landlord
- Report Bad Landlords in Federal Housing to HUD
Tips for Making a Small Apartment Look Bigger
Many renters complain about the size of their apartment and feel stuck because upgrading to a larger space would mean paying more rent each month. But the good news is that there are things most any apartment dweller can do to make their place look and feel bigger -- without actually increasing the size. Here are some tips to help you accomplish this with your space.
- How to Make Your Apartment Look and Feel Bigger
- Ask About Apartment Decor Limitations Before Signing a Lease
- 10 Apartment Living Tricks Every Renter Can Perform
Tips for Keeping Pets in Apartments
Dogs, cats, and other animals help many apartment dwellers feel at home. If you live in a building that allows pets, check out some great tips for being a responsible and happy pet owner.
Watch now: Tips for Keeping Pets in Apartments
Tips for Getting an Apartment Security Deposit Back
Landlords typically require tenants to pay a security deposit equal to a month's rent or more to cover themselves in case tenants ring up costly damage repair bills during their tenancy. Unfortunately, sometimes, tenants who deserve every penny of their deposit after they move out don't get their hard-earned money returned by their landlord. Here are some tips to help you get your deposit returned in full when your lease term has ended.
How to Deal With Bad Neighbors
Although neighbors can play a positive role in your apartment living experience, loud or disrespectful neighbors can be a nightmare. Get advice on dealing effectively with bad neighbors and not letting them affect your quality of life when renting an apartment.
Watch now: How to Deal With Bad Neighbors
- How to Deal With a Bad Neighbor
- How to Be on Good Terms With Your Apartment Neighbors
- Be Respectful When Approaching a Neighbor About a Problem
- What to Do if a Neighbor Approaches You About a Problem
How to Break an Apartment Lease
Sometimes, your situation changes and circumstances require you to move. Whether it's because of money, a job, or a relationship, breaking a lease is something tenants do quite often. Find out how you can break a lease with minimal, if any, consequences.
Watch now: How to Break an Apartment Lease