Question: How can I save money on renter's insurance?
Here are some ways you can save money on renter's insurance:
- Shop around to compare policies
- Don't get more coverage than you need
- Go with a higher deductible
- Ask your insurer about any discounts (for example, for having a protective device such as a working smoke detector, for having multiple policies with the same insurer, or for being over 55 and retired)
- Pay the total annual premium in one payment (rather than in monthly payments, which typically add installment fees)